Expanding NH's Workforce
Preparing Youth with Disabilities for Higher Education and Employment
Support young people with disabilities in your community by sponsoring the INTELLIGENT LIVES “Opening Doors” Campaign: Expanding NH’s Workforce— Preparing Youth with Disabilities for Employment and Higher Education.
From the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire’s award-winning filmmaker, Dan Habib, comes the new, nationally distributed documentary, INTELLIGENT LIVES. The film stars three pioneering young adults with intellectual disabilities who challenge perceptions of intelligence as they navigate high school, college, and the workforce. Four accompanying documentary shorts (15-19 minutes each) focus on effective practices in transition from high school to postsecondary education and employment.
Featured in one of the films, Garrett Shows, of Peterborough, NH, is working toward his high school diploma and college.
Your sponsorship will make these high-impact activities possible:
- Dan Habib will screen the INTELLIGENT LIVES films and facilitate post-screening panel discussions featuring youth with disabilities, educators, parents, non-profit leaders and employers.
- Transition fairs will accompany these screenings, connecting youth with disabilities and their families to the resources they need to be successful. These events will be co-hosted with community partners including schools, local nonprofits, institutes of higher education, and employers.
- INTELLIGENT LIVES Education Kits—containing project films and resources—will be disseminated to key businesses, schools, and nonprofits, enabling them to host additional screenings.
- Capital Region: Red River Theaters, Concord, March 22, 2019
- Lakes Region: Belknap Mill, Laconia, April 17, 2019
- Seacoast: Winnacunnet High School, Hampton, April 18, 2019
- Upper Valley: Newport Middle High School, May 2, 2019
- North Country (event #1): White Mountains Regional High School, Whitefield, May 16, 2019
- Monadnock: Keene State College, Keene, October 2019
- North Country (event #2): Weeks Medical Center, Whitefield, October 10, 2019
- Central NH: Pinkerton Academy, Derry, March 31, 2020
|Sponsorship Benefits Included:||Plantinum Series Sponsor, $10,000*||Gold Single Event Sponsor, $5,000||Silver Single Event Sponsor, $2,500||Bronze Single Event Sponsor, $1,000|
|Screening and film discussion with Dan Habib at your business/organization||Yes||No||No||No|
|Opportunity for business/organizational representative to speak at one event||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Recognition from the podium at event(s)||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Inclusion in event slideshow(s)||Ad||Ad||Logo||Name|
|Inclusion in event program(s)||Ad||Ad||Ad||Listing|
|Inclusion in event press release(s)||Logo||Logo||Logo||Name|
|Inclusion in pre- and post-event screening e-blast(s)||Logo||Logo||Logo||Name|
|Social media mentions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
*Platinum Series Sponsorship level (limit 2) supports ALL events listed. Gold, Silver, and Bronze Sponsorship levels each support a single event.